What is MACTE?
Mississippi Association of Colleges for Teacher Education is a statewide organization affiliated with the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. Its members include the departments and schools of Mississippi’s regionally accredited colleges and universities engaged in the preparation of professional school personnel. As a consortium of teacher education schools, MACTE is vitally interested in the support and enhancement of all aspects of education in Mississippi. Its members work cooperatively within the organization, as well as with the Mississippi Department of Education and other statewide education groups.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To establish an effective voice for teacher education institutions at the state level on matters of policy related to teacher education
- To establish an effective communication system between the national AACTE and state units
- To provide a vehicle for teacher education institutions within the state to assist the state and national organizations in:
- Developing and defining positions on issues of importance to teacher education
- Coalescing support for state and national policy activity
- Supporting the programs and activities of the state and national associations
- To provide for the interaction of teacher training institutions among themselves and with other organizations for the purpose of improving teacher education